At Sightsee, it's become increasingly important to us that instead of just "being a business," we use our platform to build community and drive change in thoughtful and meaningful ways. Last year, we made a commitment as a team that we would use our guest coffee program as an opportunity to do just that.
For the month of June, our featured guest coffee is extra special. Not only is it an incredibly flavorful Rwandan coffee from Junto, one of our favorite roasters in the Southeast, but sales of the beans will directly benefit Pride Link, a nonprofit that works to improve the quality of life for LGBTQ+ people in Upstate, South Carolina.
Named "Junto con Orgullo" meaning Together with Pride, this collaborative coffee represents an opportunity to proudly support our community, near and far.
It couldn't be a better time to raise funds together for Pride Link, as they recently announced they'll be opening a 6,000 square-foot Queer Wellness Center in partnership with Amaryllis Counseling and 864Pride this Fall in Greenville, SC. This will be the first community center and wellness clinic in the Upstate for LGBTQ+ people of all ages and will offer social support, health and wellness services, and connection to affirming resources, including:
- Counseling by affirming therapists
- Medical care (including hormone therapy) by affirming providers
- HIV testing and STI screening
- Support groups
- Access to basic need items like food and clothing
- Legal name and gender change assistance
- Connection to affirming community resources and social service agencies
- Lounge space with games, books, and refreshments
- Computer lab for job searches or studying
- Fun social activities and events
- All the queer community you could want!!
All of the profits raised through Junto con Orgullo will go directly towards supporting these initiatives and the buildout of the space.
Moving forward together with pride, humility, and love is how we'll all make this world a better place. We can't wait for you to enjoy this month's coffee and join Sightsee and Junto in supporting our LGBTQ+ family across the state.